- This event has passed.
March Diamond Dinner
March 18 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Our Early Supper Salons provide Diamond Members the opportunity to get to know other members in an intimate and compelling environment, introducing a thought leader to the group to stimulate conversation.
Our Thought Leader for Monday is Mara Zepeda.
Mara Zepeda is the co-founder and CEO of Switchboard, which provides training and technology to colleges, universities, and independent schools around the world to increase their community members’ mobility. She speaks about and leads workshops on education, trust, social networks, and the future of business internationally. Mara has spent her career at the intersection of community building, economic empowerment, and education, directing programs at Harvard University; as a reporter with National Public Radio; and as an alumni board member of her alma mater, Reed College. She is the founding board president of Business for a Better Portland, the city’s newest and fastest growing business organization, and XXCelerate, an entrepreneurship program and loan fund for women entrepreneurs in Oregon to address the inequity in access to financing. She is also a co-founder of Zebra movement, a conference and community that aims to create a more ethical and inclusive startup culture.
She is a member of Portland, Oregon Mayor Ted Wheeler’s Council of Economic Advisors. She was named “40 Under 40” by Portland Business Journal; one of the city’s top 25 Women of Influence in 2018; and recognized by Conscious Company magazine as one of “30 World Changing Women in Conscious Business.” Switchboard was named one of “The 20 Hottest Start Ups Founded by Women” by Business Insider.
Mara graduated with honors from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism with a focus on digital media, business, and network theory. She grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
5:30 – 6:15 Linking, Drinks and Appetizers
6:15 – 7:00 Dinner
7:00 – 8:00 Conversation with Mara and more Linking
Please register to RSVP
Diamond Members only, please.
Become a Diamond Member
Our compliments with your Diamond membership.
Please note, there is a $50 fee if you must cancel within 48 hours of the event to cover our costs.
The lovely home of Mia Birk (address will be sent to members)
Our past thought-leaders have included:
– Michelle Salvado, VP of Engineering for endpoint products at FireEye
– Homer Williams, of Williams and Dame Development
– Susannah Morgan, CEO of The Oregon Food Bank
– Melanie Billings–Yun, author
– Bruce Carey, Founder of Bruce Carey Restaurants
– Hellen Nkuraiya, founder and director of Enkiteng Lepa School in Kenya
– Tito Chowdhurry, creator of FashioNXT and Project Runway star, Becky Ross
– Suzanne Stephens, Editor of Portland Business Journal
– Sue Hennessy, former VP of Strategy at Kaiser Permanente
– Carol Gardner, co-founder of Zelda Wisdom Inc.
– Greg Bell, speaker and author of Water The Bamboo®
– Gale Castillo, President and one of the founders of the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber
– Sandra McDonough, President and CEO of Portland Business Alliance(HMC)
– Nadya Okamoto, founder of Camions of Care and general rock star
– Chris Farentinos, Vice President at Unity Center for Behavioral Health
– Maureen Bradley, Senior Vice President and Chief Development Officer at Legacy Health
– Emily Evans, Executive Director at the Women’s Foundation of Oregon
– Dr. Sarah Stebbins, organizational change management consultant
– Teresa Younger, President and CEO of the Ms. Foundation for Women
– Sean Suib, Executive Director, New Avenues for Youth
– Vanessa Sturgeon, President & CEO of TMT Development and Board Chair for New Avenues for Youth
– Pat Johnson, futurist, anthropologist and entrepreneur, Founder of Root Whole Body
– Michelle Lantow, Board Member extraordinaire
About The Link
The Link For Women is a community that helps you flourish and reach your full potential by connecting with respected experts and peers from all walks of life as reliable resources. Our events and seminars connect you with other interesting, accomplished women, provide knowledge to make informed decisions and inspiration to think beyond in a safe, relaxed environment.
MANY THANKS TO OUR EVENT SPONSOR