Quarterly Book Link Discussing : Less by Andrew Sean Greer
July 20 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
In 2013, we were encouraged to start a Book Club, and it has been a HUGE success! This quarter, we are reading Less, by Andrew Sean Greer.
1. Why do we have a book club? To provide additional avenues to our members to learn something new, be inspired, and engage in a more intimate setting with each other.
2. What do the members get out of it? A place to share personal stories and experiences. To experience other people’s “kernel of truth”. To discuss books and how they may connect to our everyday lives or impact our culture; to get and give mentorship; and to laugh and have fun!
3. Who is a part of the club? Up to 30 Members of The Link For Women.
4. What books did the club choose in years past?
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan
- The First Bad Man by Miranda July
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
- Purity: A Novel by Jonathan Franzen
- The Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Mrs. Sherlock Holmes by Brad Ricca
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
- Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
- When We Believed in Mermaids by Barbara O’Neal
- Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Mystery in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe
5. Who leads the club discussions? Members of the club utilize reader’s notes to lead the discussion. We will rotate the hosting at members’ homes. It’s very democratic!
6. What are the minimum and maximum number of members your club can accommodate? Up to 30 women, usually 20-25 women are available for each meeting.
7. How often will your club meet? Quarterly. Dates in 2020 began on Jan. 13th.
5:30 – 6:00 Linking
6:00 – 6:30 Planning (future meetings, next selections)
6:30 – 7:30 Discussion
Zoom Link will be emailed to members prior to meeting.
Cost (Includes appetizers, wine/sparkling water and snacks at each meeting)
$99 annual fee.
PrePaid only please
Registration closes on Dec. 31, 2019
Open to members of The Link For Women
Click Here to Become a Member
Payment must be received to reserve your spot in the Book Club. If you mail us a check, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know it is on its way.