- This event has passed.
August Diamond Member Supper Salon, Featuring Lori Brown
August 10 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Our Early Supper Salons provide Diamond Members the opportunity to get to know other members in an intimate and compelling environment, introducing a thought leader to the group to stimulate conversation.
For our August gathering we are delighted to have Lori Brown as our thought leader. Lori will share her story as well as share some knowledge from experience in field of drones.
With a 35-year career in high technology, Ms. Brown has significant success in growing international business ranging from start-up to multibillion-dollar organizations. Currently as President, Brown Unmanned Aerial Solutions, LLC, Ms. Brown is a commercial drone consultant expert at identifying customer needs and executing solutions. She addresses commercial applications, standard operating procedures, establishing and managing projects for the safe and effective use of drones. Also, as Executive Director of the Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Cascade Chapter she oversees the NW region for AUVSI – which is the world’s largest non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the unmanned systems and robotics community.
We hope you can join us for this special evening!
5:15 – 5:30 Join Zoom
5:30 – 5:45 Update from Cindy about The Link
5:45 – 6:00 Speaker Share – Lori shares her career path and how she got to where she is now with drones
6:00 – 6:15 Group Share – Cindy hosts group share where each participant gets to share their career. Approximately 1 minute each.
6:15 – 6:30 Speaker Share – Lori shares her current role, goals, obstacles, and what she’s learned along the way about drones.
6:30 – 6:45 Group Share – Cindy hosts group share where each participant shares their goals, obstacles and what they’ve learned along the way as it pertains to Lori’s journey. Approximately 1 minute each.
6:45 – 7:00 What’s Next – Cindy shares next Link program and wraps up
Limited to Diamond Members only
Become a Diamond Member
Diamond Members Please register to RSVP. (Use your login credentials contained in the salutation of this email. Contact us if you need assistance.)
Address emailed to attendees separately.
Our past thought-leaders have included:
–Felicia Hubber, Hood to Coast Relay & Race Series
– Daria Eliuk, Portland Media Personality
– Vanessa Hadick, Marketing Director at Sokol Blosser Winery
– Mara Zepeda, Co-founder of Switchboard
– Michelle Salvado, VP of Engineering, FireEye Inc.
– Homer Williams, Williams and Dame Development
– Susannah Morgan, CEO, The Oregon Food Bank
– Melanie Billings–Yun, author, negotiation expert
– Bruce Carey, founder, Bruce Carey Restaurants
– Hellen Nkuraiya, founder//director of Enkiteng Lepa School in Kenya
– Tito Chowdhurry, creator, FashioNXT and Project Runway star, Becky Ross
– Suzanne Stephens, Editor,Portland Business Journal
– Sue Hennessy, former VP, Strategy at Kaiser Permanente
– Carol Gardner, co-founder, Zelda Wisdom Inc.
– Greg Bell, speaker, author of Water The Bamboo®
– Gale Castillo, Former President/one of the founders of the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber
– Sandra McDonough, Former President/CEO, Portland Business Alliance(HMC)
– Nadya Okamoto, founder, Camions of Care and general rock star
– Chris Farentinos, VP, Unity Center for Behavioral Health
– Maureen Bradley, SVP/Chief Development Officer, Legacy Health
– Emily Evans, Executive Director, Women’s Foundation of Oregon
– Dr. Sarah Stebbins, organizational change management consultant
– Teresa Younger, President/CEO Ms. Foundation for Women
– Sean Suib, Executive Director, New Avenues for Youth
– Vanessa Sturgeon, President/CEO, TMT Development and Board Chair for New Avenues for Youth
– Pat Johnson, futurist/anthropologist/entrepreneur/founder, Root Whole Body
– Michelle Lantow, Board Member extraordinaire
About The Link
The Link For Women is a community that helps you flourish and reach your full potential by connecting with respected experts and peers from all walks of life as reliable resources. Our events and seminars connect you with other interesting, accomplished women, provide knowledge to make informed decisions and inspiration to think beyond in a safe, relaxed environment.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR EVENT SPONSOR!