- This event has passed.
2019 Book Link, The Link’s Book Club
January 7 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm$99
In 2013, we were encouraged to start a Book Club and it has been a HUGE success! Join us as we continue into year 7.
1. Why do we have a book club? To provide another avenue to our members to learn something new, be inspired, and engage in a more intimate setting with members of The Link For Women.
2. What do the members get out of it? A place to share personal stories and experiences. To experience other people’s “kernel of truth”. To discuss books and topics and how they may connect to our everyday lives; to get and give mentorship, and to laugh and have fun!
3. Who is a part of the club? Up to 30 members of The Link For Women.
4. What books did the club choose in years past?
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan
- The First Bad Man by Miranda July
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
- Purity: A Novel by Jonathan Franzen
- The Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Mrs. Sherlock Holmes by Brad Ricca
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty (1st book of 2019)
5. Who leads the club discussions? Members of the club utilize reader’s notes to lead the discussion. We will rotate the hosting at members’ homes.
6. How many members are in the club? Up to 30 women;. usually 20-25 women are available for each meeting.
7. How often will the club meet? Quarterly…January, April, July, October.
8. When will the first meeting take place in 2020? Early January
5:30 – 6:30 Linking, Appetizers, wine, sparkling water, and snacks
6:30 – 7:00 2019 Planning (future meetings, next book selection)
7:00 – 8:30 Current Book Discussion
Click Here to Log In and Register
Address will be emailed to members prior to meeting.
Cost (Includes appetizers, wine/sparkling water and snacks at each meeting)
$99 annual fee.
PrePaid only please.
Open to members of The Link For Women .
Click Here to Become a Member
Payment must be received to reserve your spot in the Book Club. If you mail us a check, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know it is on its way.
About The Link
The Link is a company that provides pathways to identify and use one’s inherent talents, opening doors to help business and individuals clarify their VISION. It is a safe place to cultivate an influential VOICE and it provides access to a COMMUNITY of renowned experts, peers and mentors.